Saturday, January 18, 2014

Bill 60: That charter business...

This is one of the briefs presented by one couple at the parliamentary commission regarding Bill 60. It describes their trip to Turkey and Morocco. (I quote: "Comment ca, enlevez nos chaussures? Ca tu d'l'allure?! Des hommes qui prient a quatre pattes su' des tapis!) Be afraid: these people walk among us. What does a mosque in Morocco have to do with us in Quebec?



The Gazette: Quebec's human rights commission voices 'serious reservations' about Bill 60

If you have the time and/or the inclination, you may want to read the proposed bill ("secular charter"), as it was tabled in November. It's a page turner.

Brome Lake water advisory (this is my tax money at work?): Will it ever end?

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I want to pretend I'm an ostrich and stick my head in the ground. I mean the only way Bill 60 is amended by the Constitituion is if they ADD TO IT! What happened to freedom of expression?

    ReplyDelete